If you are off on vacation, the chances are that you will get close to water. It can be a hotel pool or the sea water. There are also chances that you would want to capture every moment of the aquatic adventures. Most of the cameras won’t be ideal for caring for these areas.
However, these top underwater cameras are perfect for capturing amazing scenes and will allow you to dive up to 30 meters to get the best shot. These cameras are freeze proof and shock proof while others are crush proof.
The fun won't be there! You will come across rugged cameras with extra features such as WI-FI connectivity, GPS tagging, altimeter, and compass. Here are the top underwater cameras you can at Costco.
The Top 4
#1. Fujifilm FinePix XP90
The XP90 doesn’t have the same features when it comes to ultra-rugged competition.
Therefore, it won’t be up to some of the active users, but up to the task of skiing holiday and family beach.
It comes with amazing filters and WI-FI connectivity. However, it doesn’t come with GPS.
It’s simple to use, and it’s ideal if you want a durable point and shoot camera for use by the family.
- It's waterproof up to 50 feet and can withstand drop of 5.8 feet
- It can operate at low temperatures of up to -10° Celsius
- It's dustproof and prevents intrusion of sand and dust
- It's lens has an optical zoom of 5x and comes with a 28 mm wide angle setting to capture scenic shots and sweeping landscape
#2. AKASO EK7000 4K Camera
The WIFI Ultra HD camera features a wrist wireless remote control.
You can capture amazing pictures in a new way.
Framing shots, recording videos or controlling the camera has become very convenient- you just press the button on the Remote Control.
You don’t have to look at your camera to capture photos or videos.
You just press the full control of your camera with the remote.
- Comes with 1050mAh rechargeable batteries and thus longer battery life. The batteries are two, and each can record for 90 minutes. You won’t worry about the recording time.
- Built in HDMI and WIFI such that you can easily edit and share what you do. You just have to download iSmart DV app on your tablet or phone, and you can connect with this camera. You can review or operate videos and images through Android devices. The WIFI signal is strong enough up to 10 meters.
- Waterproof up to 100 feet and can withstand extreme environments. It’s equipped with an IP68 waterproof case. It’s perfect for activities such as surfing, drifting and swimming.
#3. Ivation 20MP Underwater Shockproof Digital Camera & Video
Do you want a versatile digital camera at the same time an affordable one?
If that’s the case, then the Ivation underwater shockproof camera is a perfect choice.
This cam-cording and picture-taking camera are versatile such that it can be taken to anywhere.
You can use it on dustiest road trips and underwater selfies.
This camera is shockproof, dustproof and waterproof.
- Slim, compact, rugged and waterproof to 10 feet, shockproof and dustproof
- Captures VGA resolution videos and 20MP photos
- Has 4x digital zoom
- Operates on AAA batteries
- Accepts removable disk of up to 32 GB
- Has two LCD displays: front facing 1.8” and standard 2.7” displays
- Built-in flash
#4. SVP Aqua 5500 Waterproof Digital Camera
The Aqua 5500 camera that offers 1.8” LCD panel apart from its normal 2.7” back screen was introduced by SVP.
It’s waterproof up to 3 m, dustproof and shock resistant up to 1.5 m.
This SVP AQUA 5500 has a lens of fixed focal length whose aperture is f/2.8.
It also features a 30fps VGA resolution videos.
- Compatible with Vista, Win XP, Mac OSx10.6.8+ and Win 7
- Only compatible with Micro SD and support external memory card of up to 32GB
- 18 MP with digital zoom of 4x
- Two color screens: front 1.8” TFT display and back 2.7” LCD
Are the cameras difficult to use?
During delivery of these cameras, our professional and helpful staff spare some minutes to demonstrate its functions and then answer any question that you may want to ask.
Can I use these cameras at night?
Yes. You can capture amazing night photos and in the right condition. It comes with a flash diffuser. You can check the manual on how to turn the flash.
How long does their battery last?
All the cameras above uses the lithium batteries which last for long, and the chances are that you won’t flatten the batteries in just a day. Different cameras come with spare batteries just in case.
Can the camera capture underwater videos?
Yes. It can take a good quality video. It is equipped with a manual which is easy to use. You can refer to the manual on how to record videos.
Can these cameras capture good photographs?
These are top quality underwater cameras and can take excellent pictures depending on the conditions. The photos taken by these cameras can be printed at A3 size with a resolution of above 300 DPI.
Selecting the perfect underwater camera isn’t that easy since there are no ‘‘best” cameras, just the right camera that meets your budget and personal needs. People consider different factors when selecting the perfect camera. Some of these factors include budget, size, and weight. Other factors include resolution of the camera, how deep you can dive with it, waterproof and shockproof capability, and how long the battery can last.
The most important thing when it comes to picking the right underwater camera involves finding the best combinations of these factors. Some photographers would prefer to forego some less used features so as to minimize overall size, weight, and cost. Other want many features as possible. However, most of them would want a camera with good resolution, lightweight, affordable, large display, amazing digital zoom, waterproof, dustproof and shockproof.
Considering these two scenarios, the Fujifilm FinePix XP90 is the best choice for most photographers. With its features, you can easily take amazing pictures and videos. You can zoom in and zoom out to capture images at different distances. It's waterproof and dustproof. Get yourself this underwater camera to enjoy the best of your vacation.