There are some things you just can’t leave behind if you’re going to the beach and on top of this list is sunscreen. Make no mistake about it—this isn’t something the cosmetic industry created to turn a profit. Direct exposure to the sun’s UV rays has negative effects on our skin. Extreme cases can even lead to skin cancer. So the next time you plan a trip to the beach, make sure you have a bottle of sun protection stashed away in your bag.
We rounded up some of the most popular sunscreen brands in the market today. Grab a bottle at any Costco near you before heading out to frolic under the sun and surf.
- 1 Top 6 Best Costco Sunscreen List
- 1.1 #1 Choice - Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48 Gram 1.7 oz.
- 1.2 #2 Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport Performance – SPF 30, 2 count, 6 oz.
- 1.3 #3 Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, 4 Fl. Oz.
- 1.4 #4 Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection – SPF 55, 4 oz.
- 1.5 #5 Sun Bum Beach Formula – 3 in 1 Leave In
- 1.6 #6 Neutrogena Beach Defense - SPF 70, 6.7 oz.
- 2 Which one should I get?
Top 6 Best Costco Sunscreen List
#1 Choice - Eltamd UV Clear SPF 46, 48 Gram 1.7 oz.
Eltamd is a skincare brand that focuses on keeping skin healthy and young looking. This broad spectrum sunscreen is recommended for use by those with acne-prone skin.
If you have other skin conditions such as hyperpigmentation or if you suffer from super sensitive skin, this could be the sunblock for you. The secret lies in the antioxidant-rich formula that not only protects your skin from UV rays but also nourishes your skin while you are out under the sun.
- Anti-aging formula
- Broad spectrum protection from UV and infrared rays
- Prevents acne-prone skin from further break outs
- Clear zinc oxide leaves no coloration on skin
- Easy to apply
- Oil-free and non-greasy to the touch
- Fragrance-free and non-comedogenic
- Recommended for sensitive skin types
#2 Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport Performance – SPF 30, 2 count, 6 oz.
If you are an the beach because you are the active and sporty type, then you and this sunblock will most likely get along. If you will be out under the sun playing beach football or volleyball, you will love Banana Boat’s Ultra Mist Sport Performance Formula.
It is a super light sunblock that you can spray directly on your skin for quicker applications. It also dries up really fast so you don’t have to worry about having a slippery grip, which is bothersome when playing ball or when trying to pop-up from a surfboard.
- Super quick-drying and quick-absorbing formula
- Lightweight and easy to apply
- Broad spectrum protection from UVA and UVB rays
- Won’t run and sting your eyes
- Water-resistant for up to 3 hours
- Comes in a easy-grip spray can with a twistable spray
- Perfect for beach sports and other water activities
#3 Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 15, 4 Fl. Oz.
The Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer is specially formulated to treat sore and red skin from sun exposure.
It also contains broad spectrum protection to ensure that UV rays won’t burn your skin again. This moisturizer is gentle enough to be used daily because of its main formulation containing Active Naturals Calming Feverfew.
- For the treatment of sore and sensitive skin
- Reduces redness of skin
- Soothes burnt skin
- Recommended for dry skin types
- SPF 15 broad spectrum protection
- Oil-free and non-greasy
- Non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic
- Non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic
#4 Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection – SPF 55, 4 oz.
It is time for baby’s first beach trip? Before you lather extra amounts of sunblock on your baby, stop and think about how sensitive and delicate babies’ skins are. This is why Aveeno designed a sunblock specially made for babies.
Its patented formula called the Active Photobarrier Complex combines long-wearing protection against the sun’s UV rays with soothing oatmeal to keep the baby’s skin nourished and soft. This is the only sunblock that is so gentle to the skin that it feels just like water!
- Special formulation for babies
- Contains skin-soothing natural oatmeal
- Moisturizes itchy and dry skin
- Active Photobarrier Complex
- Mild, long-lasting sun protection
- Non-oily and non-greasy
#5 Sun Bum Beach Formula – 3 in 1 Leave In
Don’t leave out your hair when getting sun protection. Products like the Sun Bum 3 in 1 Leave In protect and condition your hair while you soak under the sun.
If you leave your hair unprotected, you will get split ends and dry, damaged hair that will result in an uncontrollable frizz. If you want to repair hair damage while keeping your hair and scalp protected, try this special conditioning, detangling and color-protecting formula from Sun Bum. Sun Bum uses all natural ingredients so you can also be assured that you are not harming corals and fishes with this product.
- Hair protection from UVA and UVB rays
- Rich in amino acids and essential proteins
- Leaves hair soft and shiny
- Premium Beach Formula: sunflower seed oil, banana blend, coconut oil, sea salt
- Keeps hair healthy and easy to style
#6 Neutrogena Beach Defense - SPF 70, 6.7 oz.
Here is a sunblock that is good for the entire family. Its patented Helioplex Technology offers superior broad spectrum protection against both UVA and UVB rays. Other sunblocks degrade after being exposed to UV rays. Neutrogena Beach Defense offers photostable protection, which means that you are 100% protected even when you get exposed to direct sunlight for an extended period of time.
- Offers superior broad spectrum protection
- Lightweight and non-greasy
- Helioplex Technology with photostable formula
- High SPF for extended exposure
- Recommended for active families
Which one should I get?
Not all sunblocks will match your skin type so make sure to choose a sunblock with a specific formulation for your skin. Dry and sensitive skin will need extra protection and gentler ingredients to soothe burns and redness. Acne-prone skin works best with an oil-free formula because oil will clog up pores.
Another thing to consider is age. Babies and children have more delicate skin than adults so use a gentler sunscreen for kids.
As much as possible, choose a sunblock that is free of parabens and other toxic chemicals.