Did you ever wish you could bring the whole surfy beach vibe into your room? We know that nothing beats the scent of a cool ocean breeze during an early morning session. And now, you can have your entire home smelling just like that with a surf wax candle. Yes, it’s a candle made of surf wax. It’s the answer to your beach longing at any time of the day, and it’s the secret to an ultra hip beach party because everyone just loves the smell of surf!
If you’re interested in giving a surf wax candle a permanent home in your living room, or if you want to give it as a gift to your fellow surf-loving friends, here is a list of surf wax candles you will love.
#1. Sticky Bumps Surf Wax Candle
If you love the scent of Sticky Bumps surf wax, this surf wax candle is for you. Made from all natural, soy-based wax, this little baby can burn bright up to 30 hours.
- Comes in a 4.8 oz. container
- Made of high quality slow burn wax
- Comes in different scents: Hawaiian Coconut, Blueberry and Tour Series Banana
#2. Mr. Zog’s Sex Wax Candle
Your favorite wax for your stick can now be your favorite household item. The Mr. Zog’s Sex Wax Candle is made of long-lasting materials that are safe for the environment. One candle can burn up to 30 hours straight or more.
- Comes in 4 oz. clear glass container
- The wick is made of lead-free materials
- Comes in the Classic Coconut, Strawberry and Grape scents
#3. Surf’s Up Candle – 16 oz. All Natural Soy Candle
Inspired by the surf culture in the Jersey Shore, these all-natural soy candles are hand-poured in small batches to achieve the highest quality by a company called Surf’s Up Candle. Its paper and cotton wicks are guaranteed to give you a safe and even burn for more than 100 hours.
- Comes in small glass jars with a screw top lid
- Wicks are made of paper and cotton
- Comes in plenty of crisp beachy scents including: Ocean Breeze, Cucumber Citrus, Seaweed, Sea Aster, English Garden and Sunflower
#4. Bubble Gum 8 oz. Glass Surf Wax Candle
The Bubble Gum Surf Wax Candle is perfect for adding more romantic drama to any room setting. Whether you’re on a date with that cute surfer you met on the beach or if you just want to read a book in your room, these small surf-scented candles will light up your mood.
- Comes in an 8 oz. glass container (no lid)
- Made of long-lasting, slow burn wax
- Comes in a variety of fragrances: Original Bubble Gum, Coconut, Mango Papaya, Rainforest, Tuberose and Waimea
#5. Ulu Lagoon 16 oz. and 32 oz. Natural Surf Wax Candle
Ulu Lagoon is the authority in beach culture and coastal lifestyle products, and they’ve made surf wax candles of the highest quality and the best smelling fragrances to maximize your stoke wherever you are. The Ulu Lagoon’s two-wick twin features a unique scent mix and a hip industrial look.
- Comes in 16 oz. or 32 oz. tin can containers with lid
- Uses lead-free wicks
- Burn time is 80 to 100 hours
- Features different surf photographs on the container
Surf wax candles are the perfect gifts for any surf-loving mate of yours. They’re pleasing to the eye and calming to the mind. You can even light up some of these candles on your next yoga session so you can focus on giving your body the extra stretch it needs to catch more waves on your next session.
DIY: How To Make A Surf Wax Candle Yourself
The other fun thing about surf wax candles is that you can make them yourself! Whether you just want to try it out for a personal DIY project, or if you’re feeling entrepreneurial and want to sell some surf candles on the side, here is exactly what you need to do.
1) At least 2 bars of your surf wax of choice – You can even opt to use recycled surf wax so you can further your environmental cause! If you opt for recycled surf wax, we cover how to remove wax from your surfboard here.
2) Candlewicks – can be bought in any craft store.
3) A tin can for boiling – this should be disposable after use.
4) A pot for boiling
5) A pair of pot holders / thick gloves
6) Chopsticks or popsicle sticks
7) A nice candle container – preferably made of glass.
1) First, you’re going to have to break the surf wax into smaller chunks. Be careful when using a knife.
2) Dump all the chunks of wax into your tin can.
3) Place the tin can filled with surf wax in a pot. Put water halfway into the pot and turn on the stove. Watch until the water boils. The wax should be melting inside the can.
4) Turn off the stove when the water is boiling or when all the wax has melted.
5) Prepare your candlewick by sticking a tiny bit of wax underneath your candleholder of choice. Make sure the wick is upright and taut at all times.
6) Use potholders to take the tin can out of the pot. Be very careful, as the wax will be very hot.
7) Slowly pour the melted wax onto your container of choice. Be mindful of the wick.
8) Once you’ve poured all the wax, keep your wick upright by putting it in between two chopsticks or popsicle sticks. These should hold your wick up while the wax dries.
9) Leave the wax to dry up overnight.
10) Don’t forget to clean up your mess in the kitchen.
11) The next day, your very own surf wax candle should be ready!
You can experiment with different colors, sizes, shapes and scents as long as you follow these instructions. Take a picture of your very own surf wax candle and watch your friends want one for themselves!